Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Finally showing up....

August 16, 2011  the wee hours...

Today  I am finally showing up to blogging school.  It is come as you are.  Learn as you will.  It is blogging school and I am the student.
 

Three months ago today I birthed this blog.   I just didn't know where to start.  I haven't written anything in so long.  Do I remember how?    I remember something about being pithy with your prose.  I don't even remember what "pithy" means....  But every time I say the word, Sister Samuel pops into my head.   She was my Shakespeare teacher in college.  There is a little Shakespeare still in my noggin.  There are equal amounts of Sister Sam. I am glad of that. 

Anyway...

Today I was listening to Catholic radio and God spoke to me. "Let the Holy Spirit be your muse," He said.  Well, actually, there was a writer being interviewed on Immaculate Heart Radio.  I heard her siting the HS as the true author of her works.  And I said to myself: "Now that is how He really means it to be."  All day today the Holy Spirit has not been my muse.   I have been my own muse--  taking pride in my new body as I shed pound after pound.
 (Which is why I began this blog by the by.) 
not the taking pride part... but the pound shedding...I thought I might like to chronicle that...

I spent the day purposely passing every mirror in the house and stopping to ponder my thinning face, my long red locks, my saggy plus size clothes.   And admiring myself....
 Sad..... 
All day I tried to take the credit... all the glory away from my AWESOME GOD.   
How foolish I am!  
How great is our God that he can love such a fool!
Thank you Lord for my weight loss.  
May I glorify you by blogging.   I am Yours to do with as you wish.  These hands; Yours.  These eyes; Yours.  These locks; Yours.   This 51 year old saggy body that I am able to enjoy with Your grace; Yours.  I must say that it is nice to look in the mirror and admire Your creation!!  Thank you God for the grace to be able to do that! 
And
Viola!!
There it is.
My first blog post.
Holy Spirit inspired?
I'll go out in faith.
The warm fuzzies have not been my companions of late.
I can only utter this for prayer:
Jesus
Jesus
Jesus.....
and there has been comfort in that..
colleen

No comments:

Post a Comment